Sunday, June 8, 2008

How I Spotted My Stars


As soon as I heard about the STARS conference during training, I knew I wanted to be involved, and when it was time to pick my students, I wanted to be sure that I selected the best students available.

I went through the dusty files of 150 students to select the top-performing students from each class. However, since being a STAR is about leadership and not only about academic achievement, I asked all the teachers to select 3 boys and 3 girls who demonstrated strong leadership.

Selecting only two students was a difficult decision that I pondered for days. I wished I could have brought them all. I finally selected Richard and Millicent. Three days into STARS, I think I made great choices. Every student here is a STAR.
-Miss Kim, Peace Corps Volunteer, Bompata Presbyterian Senior High School, Ashanti Region

No comments: